The Future of Europe Scholarship is aimed at future policymakers and leaders who are passionate about European cooperation, who wish to analyse and respond to existing and upcoming new complexities on the continent and who would like to pursue careers in European affairs.
- Available for the Master of Public Policy or Master of International Affairs
- Open to applicants of all nationalities
- One full scholarship worth 34,500 euros
Who is it for?
Applicants with demonstrated interest in European cooperation, either academically or professionally, who wish to pursue a degree in public policy or international affairs.
How to apply
- First, submit a standard application to the MPP or MIA programme.
- Additionally, answer one of the following questions in a brief essay:
- In the first decades of European integration, the EU was described as making “policy without politics” (Vivien Schmidt). Is this still the case in 2020?
- Is the European Union’s attempt to “export” rules and values beyond its borders normatively desirable or problematic?
- Is national democracy undermined by EU membership? Why (not)?
The additional essay should be sent to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org after a standard application has been submitted. The essay should be approximately two pages in length.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and motivation statements before 1 February. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.