- What is a MIEM Excellence Scholarship?
The MIEM programme, financed by the Université de Paris’ IdEx label, aims to promote
the internationalization of master’s programs and help attract the best foreign
students to constitute a pool of excellent potential future PhD students. The university
is thus equipping itself with a system for training foreign scientists who are experts
in their fields and future academic or senior executives in their home country or in
France. This programme also aims to train future highly qualified professionals who
will participate in the economic and social development of their home country.
- Which Masters are eligible for MIEM excellence scholarships at the Université de
MIEM scholarships are intended for foreign students coming to study at Université
de Paris in one of the master’s pre-selected by the Faculties of Sciences, Health,
Social Sciences & Humanities (SSH) and IPGP (Institut de Physique du Globe).
You will find the list of eligible masters on the website: https://u-paris.fr/choisir-saformation/
For programs taught in English: https://u-paris.fr/en/programs-taught-in-english/
Please check the curriculum for any prerequisite and language requirements.
- How many MIEM excellence scholarships are awarded? Of which amount?
91 scholarships will be awarded to students admitted to the courses listed in the call
The scholarships are distributed as follows:
- Science Faculty: 35 scholarships (8 K€ each).
- Health Faculty: 28 scholarships (10 K€ each).
- SSH Faculty: 35 scholarships (8 k€ each).
Pôle Stratégie et Relations internationales
Département Mobilité internationale
- IPGP: 7 scholarships (10 K€ each).
This may however not be cumulated with another scholarship. It is awarded for one
year, non-renewable and without the possibility of deferment.
- Who can apply?
Only students applying for the pre-selected masters programs are eligible for a MIEM
Students eligible for this scholarship programme must be:
- of foreign nationality and primo (first)-applicant at a French university
- a foreign baccalaureate holder or national diploma certifying completion of
secondary education (that corresponds to the international ISCED/ISCED
The following are not eligible for the programme:
- Students with a French baccalaureate, but who have studied abroad
- Foreign students holding a French National Diploma of Higher Education
and/or whose last diploma was obtained in France – Students with dual